Friday, October 28, 2016

In The Studio - Friday

Happy weekend!

This week just flew for me ... it's been very busy. I like busy weeks!

I finally finished up the mosaic letters spelling out "Michael". Grouting the last few letters Wednesday evening was the best feeling ever!


This brought with it a huge sigh of relief! I've been working on 2 custom orders for months. I started the celestial set in June and the letters in September.




I've gotten them all packed up and ready to go! Yay!

I had a great sale this week. A newsletter subscriber and returning customer ordered 3 mosaics from my Etsy shop and in doing so, put my shop at 100 items sold since opening in 2009. That's a milestone and a personal achievement as well. I was unsure I should open my shop again after having it closed for 2 years. Obviously this is a good time of year to get sales; many are in the holiday shopping frame of mind. But it has given me the confidence I need to keep it open, even when/if there are no sales in the coming months. I'm more able to weather the storm that is online sales this time around. These 3 items below are what are going to their new home today.


I finished up the cool 3 hook rack wall hanging for my daughter's friend. I'm sharing it here hoping it doesn't get seen until it's been gifted. I'm pretty sure it is safe to share it here.


And as promised, here is the flower pot with the glue slowly drying on it. These photos were taken Wednesday afternoon.



I was going to share the vase I put stained glass on but when I grouted it yesterday pieces of glass popped off. I am not going to mention the glue I used. It is a year old and possibly the problem to not adhering the way it is said to. I've used this glue many times over the years and have often been more disappointed than pleased with it for the past few years. I do believe I'm finished using it. I'd rather use my favorite PVA (Polyvinyl acetate) glue that dries clear and allow the time it takes to dry instead of having to re-glue, re-grout the same mosaic a few times because the glue doesn't hold. I'll be working on it over the weekend and I hope I can share pictures of it next week. I am also hoping I can list it because that was the original idea when I started with it.

Enjoy your weekend and I'll be here on Monday sharing a small collection of items I've found on Etsy in my "Let's Go Shopping!" post.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics