Wednesday, May 13, 2015

In The Studio - Part One

There's not much going on this week, in the studio. The muse and I are resting now that I've finished up the placing of glass and mirror and other fun things on the 10 small gifts for my Facebook buds.



I'm still having a lot of fun with doodles, drawing and coloring every day. I have taken an old book and turned it into an art journal, something I've wanted to do for a good long time now. Many of the pages will be pulled out to draw on, but some are staying in the journal.



Gesso (a primer) was added to the outside of the book which was then painted in my favorite color of green. The inside has gotten some gesso on it too. I glued a few pages together to give it some stability.

I have almost used up all the gelly rolls and gel pens! They don't last long when you use them every day. I did this Hamsa with gelly roll pens this week.



I added some watercolor crayons and pencils to my ever growing stash of art supplies.


Last night I finished up some of the pencil and pen drawings with lots of color!





I'm waiting for some awesome pens to arrive. Once they have, some doodles will be made using those only with no color necessary. I'm excited to start playing with them!

I've been looking over the substrates I have to mosaic to try to decide what to work on next. I will give it a few more days to allow the muse to rest a bit. I'm positive we'll get going on something very soon.




I've added quite a few fun things to Storenvy recently. I've taken some of my photos of doodles, mosaics and nature and made them into pillows, switch plate covers and grocery tote bags. Here's the newest grocery totes added yesterday.

Grocery Totes available on Storenvy

Look under the Home Decor and Pillows and Tote Bags sections to see more.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy