Wednesday, November 20, 2013

In The Studio

Last week, I took the week off to finish up some photo editing for the new shop, CindyWhitePhotoArt on Etsy. I also spent some time thinking about Christmas gifts for the fam which should have been started months ago! Darn and yikes!!


In an attempt to get the mosaic juices flowing again, I picked up a few MDF crosses and got to work.



I also grouted the one I made quite a while ago, as well as the flag.



Now it's time to paint the sides and backs of the crosses and hope the Camera Goddess is still with me long enough to get them listed on Etsy. She's tired - she's been working for months without a break!


This morning while looking for the focal for the cross with pique assiette in yellow with blue and white flowers seen above, I came across some things I want to paint and use soon. The first time I discovered polymer clay, I had molds with suns and moons, plus some molds with faces. I used leftover grout in some of them too. Unfortunately the molds are long gone, but one of the grout faces is still with me. I also found a few pieces of polymer clay I made probably around the same time.


These pieces are going to get painted today. Yay!

I've been taking photos of my favorite mosaics that are in my private collection. The mosaics themselves will stay with me for a long time but that doesn't mean they can't be shared in another way. Once I get them all edited, some of them, if not all of them will be available in the new shop as art prints, tote bags, mugs, pillows, placemats, aprons, clocks, lamps and more! Here's a sneak peak called "Expect Miracles" that might be used for some of those items mentioned. This mosaic is one of favorite ones that I've made this year. It makes me smile.



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters this holiday season and all year long. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,