Friday, July 22, 2016

In The Studio - Friday

As promised, I have more to share from In The Studio this week. I've noticed 2 weeks in a month are very productive, the rest of the month requires some thought for new projects, allowing the muse to slumber a bit and to generate a renewed energy that I need to create.

I used some odd pieces from the cutouts I had leftover from the Celestial set I made and created an "M" and a funky looking crescent moon.

"M" is for my grandson, Malachi and stands 3-1/2 inches.

Funky looking 9 inch crescent moon but I love it!

After a few days, I decided to tile around the edges of each shape. The "M" has a colorful array of tiles, the moon is surrounded by blue.




I also continued work on the custom order and got tiles on the moon and sun.




Now they all need to be grouted, including the 5 stars I've got. The custom order won't be headed out to its new home for a bit but they will be ready to go when the time comes to ship them out.

I created a donation piece for a collaboration which I cannot share here just yet. I call this working in the "Super Secret Mosaics Lab". As soon as I am able, I'll share what I made, why, etc. It should be toward the beginning of September, possibly.

I put some mosaic magic on 2 small pots, 3 inches high. I wanted to keep them as a set but the stained glass supply right now is dwindling and I didn't have enough in orange to do both. The designs are the same on both, the swirl is on 2 sides, the other 2 sides have a wavy line which I'll share another time.



What a productive week! Look for a few of these items to be listed once I get them grouted and their photos taken. Woo-hoo!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics