Wednesday, December 2, 2015

In The Studio

This week is going in slow motion. It seems right after a holiday, everything goes much slower. I'm okay with that feeling and enjoy the long days of grouting and mosaic making magic. No frantic "must get it done!!!" feelings at all this week ... and I like it!

We had our Thanksgiving on Saturday, gathering all the fam together. We had a great time together. I usually try to take some photos but I spent most of the day cooking so when the time came to sit, I sat! I've decided after seeing this photo, that although I kind of enjoy looking like a Happy Buddha, I don't enjoy seeing all those chins that always seem to suddenly appear when I sit a certain way on this couch. It's only on this couch. Perhaps I should learn NOT to sit on it but do what my Dad does and lean in, standing up! But part of being a Happy Buddha is accepting what I look like and becoming unattached to it. Buddha has a lot of chins and seems perfectly fine with them. Easier said than done but I am going to work on that way of thinking more often. Until that time, from this day forth, I am going to be known as the Scarf Nana. I am wearing one now! Wish I had thought of it before the photo below. Sigh.



The Super Secret Mosaics Lab is going to open again in a few days when I'll be working on a gift for the Little Dude. He likes to play the PopCap game "Plants vs Zombies", so I thought I'd have some fun making him a mosaic rendition of that. Here's the inspiration, for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.


Wish me a lot of luck. I think I'm challenging myself a little too much when I decided to do this. But it's good to keep the juices flowing.

Grouting was done a few days ago. Much cleaning needs to be done on almost all of these before they can get listed, but I'm very pleased with the results.





I did need to rest for a day or two, enjoying leftover turkey sandwiches along the way, before starting on a new project.


I had some leftover glass and mirror cut from the gazing ball and decided to make some coasters. Simple design and sparkly glass and mirror. Cool!

I re-grouted the black bowl I've named "Dizzy". After dropping it a few months ago, a piece of the grout along the top of the bowl cracked and fell off. It, too, needs a lot of cleaning before it can be relisted, but it looks good once more. Yay!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Cindy