Monday, June 3, 2024

Monday Musings

 Musings come through once in a while that seem to want to be shared. So, here we go ...

When I grout, which I did a few days ago (photos to follow), I find I really look forward to the ritual. It's probably not important to most, but there is a certain way I approach my art, especially mosaics and when the time comes to grouting them, I feel they need to be appreciated and honored. I give them love and talk to them often (I really do) as I'm cleaning the grout off of each piece I do.

I also wear a certain top that is actually a scrub found at a thrift shop by my daughter many years ago to gift to me. I wear it every time I grout. Then a mask to protect my lungs, of course. The water I use to mix the grout with has just a bit of patcholi oil in it to give me the experience of a familiar scent. I never noticed if it comes through on the finished mosaic. But I like to think it's there just the same.


 

Here's the first mosaic I grouted. "Love". It went directly on what I'm now calling my "Love Wall". It has all the birth flower mosaics I made on it, a few photos (so far) of my grandchildren and a few other mosaics I've done and even a few gifted ones from other artists.

 

Now I have this wall, the celestial wall, peace wall, coffee themed and harmony wall. I made a collage before adding the latest additions. I'll have to do another one soon.

The art gallery

 

I've finished the bottle. Grouted it in blue. It's such a pretty color.





 

It wasn't easy to grout. Next project will be all the same thickness in tessarae. It took about 20 minutes to get the grout on and close to two hours to get it off. I am diggin' it, however. Wildflower Mosaic Bottle is a successful experiment on an empty Jack Daniel's bottle.

Until next week ... ☮

Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics

https://artbyearthmothermosaics.com


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics





No comments: