Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Wednesday - Midweek Progress

 It's Wednesday and there's a new mosaic in the works. Yay!

I've been thinking a lot about wildflowers. I wanted to do some mosaics using my doodles as inspiration and although I draw flowers and they are certainly wild, they aren't really different. The design shape is the same. So I looked through some coloring pages and got a good idea as to what I wanted to try.

Then I had to figure out what to do the mosaic on. I have a few panels but I'd like to try one on a square glass vase I have in my stash as well but not for the first try. I wanted to experiment a bit.

I pulled out a Jack Daniels bottle (empty) and painted it with primer. Clean, white slate. I chose this method because I had a really hard time getting the labels off of this bottle. Some come off easily and I know all the tricks to get them to do so while others seem to have one purpose and don't want to give it up just yet.

I drew on the bottle and started in on the work on Monday. Here's where I am so far.



My favorite part on this so far is using the border of some plates (the pink and green pieces) as vines and stems. It's going to be fun filling in all the flowers with dish pieces. I'm enjoying this journey.

I also, of course, have a slew of doodles but instead of sharing them all, I thought I'd just show a few.




Until next week ... ☮

Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics

https://artbyearthmothermosaics.com


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics

No comments: