Friday, September 1, 2017

In The Studio - Friday

It's been so much fun being as busy as I've been these past few months. The momentum should continue as I gear up for items to get listed in the Etsy shop as the months go on.

I had the great fortune to discover a "Call to Artists" recently on Facebook. A long time online friend who shares the love of mosaics is putting together a large mural for a wall in her area of AZ. She was looking for donations and I jumped at the opportunity to contribute! It's been a very long time since I've had the funds to do things like this. I'm thrilled!!

Mosaic sun design
I knew I'd make a sun; it is one of my favorite things to make. But recently when I draw them, they have the lotus flower leaves in them too. I seem to feel these designs take on a mind of their own. After all the sun would have been fine without the lotus leaves added. But I felt I should follow the muse and so together, we created this:


The arrow shown in the drawing was how I saw it when I first did it. But as things progressed, I saw the design was forming in a different way and felt this way was better. In the end, the trusted artist receiving this mosaic will know in which direction she should place it depending on where it goes on her wall.

While I was waiting for glue to arrive to do the sun, I did a quick switch plate cover.


I love these dish tiles so much that I decided once the sun was finished, I'd have to make a moon to go with it.

This too will be heading to AZ soon.

The best part of this whole experience is coming together with like-minded artists all over the world to help fill up that wall mural. I'll post some info later on as the wall begins to come together.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics