Wednesday, May 24, 2017

In The Studio - Wednesday

Now that I'm in my new space, I'm just starting to figure out where I want a table to go so I can work on new mosaics and other fun things. I surprised myself ... I needed a little time to adjust to the new space but am now ready to get to the fun part of decorating and getting organized. The best place to be to work or for a table to go is closest to the windows which is possible to achieve. It's on the dark side up here in this room as it was once an attic space a long time ago. There is an overhead light right in this area which can come in handy when I'm working if I need the extra light over the table.

Where these boxes are now is where a folding table will be hopefully within the next few weeks.

I still need to purchase a task light for the table (I see some late nights working in my future), some containers and shelving to hold things in as well instead of all these boxes everywhere. But the good news is, I have time, patience and a little money coming in each month. I believe I'll get myself organized and all decorated as I see it by the end of the summer. Just in time for the start of working on mosaics for the holidays.

It's very hot up here these days, so I've added a curtain or two and an awesome looking fan to my ever growing list of needs/wants. I can see there will be times when I will just sort of veg out with the cat and wait for the sun to pass on through. I'm okay with that! That's a great time to allow the muse to recharge.

My cat, Baby, has found the best spot when the a/c is on to get cooled off. I've got the yoga mat down as a temporary rug and she goes to this spot near her pillow next to the mat to relax and get cool. Smart kitty!!

I was moving boxes around the other day and heard from the iPod that wonderful, unmistakable "cha-ching" meaning I had a sale on Etsy! That's pretty cool and very exciting!

SOLD!
No matter how long I've been selling online, it's always thrilling to make a sale! And I really love to hear that cash register sound!! Woohoo! I'm so very grateful to the folks who find and love my mosaics enough to want to purchase them. I'm feeling very blessed!!

I don't have much planned other than getting this new space organized and ready for future mosaic magic.

I'm just about ready to ship out the reward gifts for the people who donated to my fundraiser. All 3 will be heading out in June.


The kind soul who gets this plate donated after seeing my fundraising info on my daughter's FB page. Her favorite color is pink! I just happened to have a pink plate to send her. Yay!

This 8 x 10 inch mosaic wall hanging will always hold a special place in my heart. It was the first piece I made after a long absence from mosaics. I still see flaws and wish I'd had done a few things differently but for the most part, I'm thrilled to send it on its way to its new home very soon.

I had fun making this abstract. I didn't think I had much tesserae available but as luck and good vibes would have it, about the time I was wondering if I'd ever get it made, a good friend sent me a box of goodies for me to use in mosaics. Some of those things are in this 8 x 10 inch mosaic wall art.


I can't wait to get to work once more in my new space! Hopefully very soon I'll have everything the way I see it and will be in the swing of things once more.

I will definitely share here as I go, showing the process of getting things out of boxes and in a more permanent setting. And you'll see how I've decorated the space once I've gotten it all done in the months to come.



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics