Wednesday, September 16, 2015

In The Studio - Part One

The studio part of my living quarters has been closed for a while due to illness. I'm getting my sea legs once more and becoming more aware of the fact that I'd like to get back to what I perceive as normal. That's a good sign.

I managed to get a summer cold just before the kidlets started school here. Add to that a very large sebaceous cyst on the back of my neck that I've had for years decided to drain. Gross as it is, after 2 weeks it has reduced in size and is still draining. I'm glad the danged thing is getting smaller and because I've been through this before, I know it takes time. What I didn't anticipate was the effect it had on my immune system which has always been low. Wow. Having a cold and this cyst doing its thing at the same time really took its toll on me. I'm taking good care of myself and resting often spending long hours in front of Netflix. That reflects the healing powers of both.

Before I got sick I started a mosaic on a microwave plate. This plate is 15 inches round. I printed out a few of my favorite autumn photos I've taken over the years and cut them into pieces. Then I taped them all together and placed them on the back of the microwave plate.




Using the new box of scraps, I grabbed as many autumn-inspired colors as I could to use for this mosaic. Following the general design of colors in the photo, I am making an abstract that once finished will have a beautiful array of fall colors.





I'm really hoping to get back to it soon.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Cindy