Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In The Studio

Last week we lost power for 3 days and I'm still getting used to being at home again after going to stay with family nearby. That's the downside of being a homebody, I suppose.

However, before the lights and heat went out, I started work on the latest custom order, a sun. The client requested blues and beach colors. What I noticed she liked more was the colors of ocean as compared to the colors of the beach. I finished up the last piece of glass on it a few days ago. Once grouted, probably in another day or two, I'll share more photos. I love making these Bohemian inspired mosaics.

Please meet Bohemian Blue - still a work-in-progress.

1) The palette:

2) The substrate: 

3) The work: 




Are you interested in having a custom ordered Bohemian Sun made especially for you or as a gift? Please contact me through my email or message me on Facebook any time. The cost for a one-of-a-kind piece of mosaic art is $125 plus shipping for a 9.5 inch sun. It takes approximately 3 weeks from the time you order it until it gets shipped out. You can have a choice of up to 3 colors for your mosaic wall art. The back has a saw tooth hanger attached ready for hanging.

Other news In The Studio today is about my donation pieces!

I'm happy to announce that I am a part of an ABC Mosaic project for The Ronald McDonald House in Maine. My mosaic letter is "Q" and I've got a few ideas in my head that I hope I can transfer onto the 8 x 8 inch board I've just received.

And once again this year I'll be participating in the 2014 International Mosaic Auction DWB/MSF. I've been donating a mosaic to Doctors Without Borders for a few years through this auction. It's all done online so you can watch as the items are bid on too! Exciting! I'm thrilled that we are given a bit of freedom to do our mosaic this year plus they asked us to send along a piece of jewelry if we make them as well. I'm really happy about that because I LOVE to make mosaic jewelry!

As always, I'll share my work-in-progress photos as I go. I'm happy that the studio will be buzzing with activity for a while. And it makes me beyond happy to know my donated pieces are for such worthy causes. I'm feeling very blessed to be able to give of myself in some small way towards helping others. It's a wonderful life!

I've also got a few new items added on the 2nd Etsy shop this morning. I've yet to promote them through the social media spots but will do so later today. I've added a jumbo sized mug and a blank note card in my "Grow, Bloom, Fly" design.

Jumbo Ceramic Mug - $25.00

Blank Greeting Cards - Set of 3 - $13.00


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy