I'm doing a lot of this and that's; and have a lot of photos to share this week.
I did try my hand at acrylics in the paint journal. I took an old magazine ad and traced it. It's not bad but I will never understand why I use the colors I do. It's never a good choice but it's my choice.
| I think the ad was for NyQuil. I did NOT do this guy justice at first! Look at the colors!! Yuck. |
I'm making collage fodder or working through stages with the things I've been making. For instance, the scrap paper on old receipts project that never ends. As I decide what to do with some of them, I might take what I have and add sticker phrases to them and maybe use my fancy scissors and cut them. Then they go back in a box as I try to decide where to place them. On a card? In a journal? As I make a decision, I continue to add scraps to paper. It has become a ritual, like everything else I do, to sit and add some painted papers, magazine scraps, etc to something.
This past week I spent time inking stickers that had a lot of white around the designs. These came from my cousin and I think she got them at Temu. In any case, after doing an entire day of inking around edges, some I felt just needed a grungier look to them and I put ink across the whole sticker making them grey in color. I like that. These shiny stickers aren't a favorite and every time I use them, I wish I hadn't added them before cutting out the white parts or doing something to them before use. Spending a rainy day inking all these stickers was exactly what I needed. I have two more containers I could do but might leave them until the next wave of low energy arrives. These don't take much to do.
I've got embroidery on my mind and although my fingers really don't like to do much, I am going to practice the stitches on an old cloth I have. I cut all the lace and stitching done on all the hankies I had belonging to my relatives. Lace is a fun thing to add to journals or sew on a card or tag. Many were filled with spots of blood or rust. While I don't mind rust, I couldn't tell which was which, so I tossed those all out.
I started a new collage a day book this week. I'm happy I've continued with it. The last square in the 2nd book was finished on my birthday and the start of the Autumnal Equinox. Woohoo!
Days 209-215 in the collage a day journal. I really enjoy doing these each morning!
I also finished my mosaic vase! I finally grouted it over the weekend. It's so pretty.
I'm practicing a little bit for the classes I'll be taking soon. I bought myself a month of classes through the Fodder School called the Challenge as a birthday gift to myself. I am going to have a great time watching others create in mixed media, take notes and do a bit of playing. I also have another class I signed up for, in addition to this one, so October will be very busy! Yay!
I finished up the tags I started a while ago, adding ribbon and/or jute to them as well as inking them around the edges. I have so many more to do. I like grabbing a box and deciding I'll do at least one thing inside that needs my attention. Then move onto another. Some of these tags are very small and will get stapled together and added to pockets in journals, I believe.
Right now I'm feeling the need to do some painted papers although I have so many. I don't use them as they are, so maybe doing some embellishments on them will help me figure out how to use them. And some, as I look at them and crinkle up my nose, will get painted over completely quite possibly. And I'm okay with that.
As I did a lot of inking, I grabbed a piece of paper and used it to catch the extra ink. Little did I know when I finished that I'd have a work of art in its own right! Check this out!
Looks good enough to frame, doesn't it?Enjoy your week!
Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics - Mixed Media Art
Instagram: @artbyearthmothermosaics
![]() |
Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Journey

No comments:
Post a Comment