During the moon's cycle we humans ebb and flow along with everything else organic. For me, I notice a deep dive into the shallow end of the creativity pool. It always catches me by surprise ... how can I have so much energy to work for hours at a time one day and the next I can hardly pull myself out of bed?! I blame it on the moon.
When a New Moon arrives I find it's a great time to think about what I want to do next. Right now I'm feeling I want to stretch a little and do things not within the comfort zone but I'm not there yet. It's coming and it'll probably be drawing, most likely faces or people because I really struggle with that. My brain likes creating abstract art because I'm not strong at drawing. I'm good with doodles because they're abstract. Mine are, anyway. However, even with all the low energy happening at the moment, I did manage to do some kind of art every day.
 |
| While cleaning out a small box, I found this little handmade journal I started in 2022, I believe. And so one night I grabbed it and did a quick bit of art (the right hand side) with Pasca acrylics and Sharpie. |
 |
| The prompts were: bubbles, an eye, fuchsia, ruffle. Seek, Gather, Create old prompts from a few years ago have made it, finally, onto my desk. The up side of cleaning out a box and thinking "what's in this?". I found the prompts list for 2 years! Every so often I'll grab it, I know, and find something to do from it. I especially liked this because the ruffles looked like bubbles and the bubbles under the eye looked like tears. Perfect for the sentiment: turn your troubles into bubbles. |
 |
| WIP - the prompts were: bird silhouette (you'd think it would be easy to do but I failed in doing it and so I just glued it down instead), leaves, teal, a grid. Still have things to do on this, probably mark making or a quote or something. But I love the color and the paint plus stencil were done using a baby wipe dipped in paint. |
 |
| 193-196 in the collage a day journal |
 |
| Clouds were the subject for this grid. Using only a few colors in watercolor and a paper towel, I played with the sky. |
 |
| It was time to do a layered collage on a small wood panel. I ended up doing 2 because I love this technique so much. And I still have leftover papers! |
 |
| 2 layers down with a paint layer in between. Now ready for sanding, stenciling and a final black glaze. |
 |
| After sanding. Love the layers peeking through and a bit of the paint in between can be seen. |
 |
| The stencil faded a lot on this once it dried but I can see it and it's awesome. |
 |
| Both are 4x4 inch. I painted the sides in black and have them hanging on my walls. I love the grunge!! |
 |
| Handmade book using junk mail paper, brown packing paper and a few of my painted papers. The front and back cover has paper I made a while ago. |
 |
| After stenciling and maybe a little mark making on some of these pages, I'll be adding the hand cut doodles I've got in a box. It's overflowing and so it's time to use them. |
 |
| The one on the left is so pretty. One of my roll-off papers with gold metallic on it. LOVE. |
 |
| The back cover. |
 |
| I love how this looks already and it's just been painted so far! |
 |
| Some stencils will be used in these pages. I don't really need more handmade journals but I really do love making them and using them ... so maybe I actually need MORE! |
 |
| 197-200 in the collage a day journal. Top right looks like a top hat! |
 |
| A journal page I actually had a dream about. I have a few more things to add here but it's basically finished. These kids are scary ... having said that, it was a photo in the book and I left it and painted, etc around them. When I dreamed about some of the things I wanted to add to this page I got up before dawn, found all the things I was thinking about and then went back to bed. Ah the life of an artist. |
Enjoy your week!
Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics - Mixed Media Art
Instagram: @artbyearthmothermosaics
Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Journey
No comments:
Post a Comment