Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Spring Equinox Has Arrived!

It's the first day of Spring! Yay!! 😄

Here's what the last few days have yielded.

Grouting fun happened over the weekend. I really do love grouting. It's cool to see what a difference it makes with my mosaic art.

I'm so happy with these coasters. I am hoping to do a few more sets. 🤞When I do, I'll list at least one set for sale on my website.



 
 
I wasn't going to grout this bottle; I like the way the thin set looked under the blue denim dish pieces around the middle and top. However the bottom portion was bugging me as I knew it would look better grouted. And so ...

I used black grout on the bottom, grey grout for the rest. I'm just as happy with it this way as I was before it was grouted. It is extremely heavy but balanced. Thank goodness.


And of course there's always doodles. I particularly like these:


This one was done using water color pencils (dry) and black ink

I managed to get a new water color set. I love it but have only used it once and that was just a test. The results are below in the 2nd photo.


I just dabbed a little paint on the wet paper and let it drip any way it wanted to go. Once it dried I saw a few things within the drips. Funky but fun.

I hope this Equinox brings you many new beginnings if you need it, renewal and growth if you're stuck in any situation, be it physically or mentally. I look forward to the beginnings of the new season. Seeing the trees blossom and bloom. It's a wonderful thing to watch the landscape wake up!

 Until next week ... ☮

Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics

https://artbyearthmothermosaics.com


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics