Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A New Moon

Each month, when the New Moon arrives, I find myself filled with ideas for mosaics; have to doodle every day and find new things to try. I look forward to this time because I know the muse will keep me busy. That's a very good thing.

This week I purchased a paint called "Dragonfly Glaze" by FolkArt. It's a color changing top coat that is so cool! I'm sure it can be found in many craft stores. I got this from Amazon. I painted the board black, then added the top coat. I hope to do a dot painting on this. I'll share it when I do whatever it is I will end up doing with it.

In the Purple Palace, there is a definite grout pile now! I finished the flowering sun coasters. I really like how they turned out. I'm out of glass again to make another set like this one. But that's okay because I'm not entirely out of glass! If I make another set using this design, the colors will be different and just as nifty, I'm thinking. Each square can be used or they can be put together like this photo.

I painted a canvas using blobs from the acrylic tubes (they are drying up) and using a stencil I put some white paint on it. Eventually I'll add dots here but I have to figure out the colors I want to use. It will wait patiently for me to make a decision. I love that about my art.

I got myself a new set of black ink pens and lots of paper, so doodling can continue. Here are the latest three I've done this week.

Sorry the photos aren't better quality. I used the small handheld device that used to be a phone but has been dropped so many times that the photos either come out really wonky or just a little off, lighting wise. Without losing too much detail, I use an editing app for these things. It works fairly well.



After thinking about it for a month, I decided to close my GoImagine shop and just focus on my website for selling my art. It's a hard time for artists like me to try to sell anything without a lot of promotion. I don't have the desire to promote myself as much as I used to. Now I just focus on my art. There are things available for purchase on my website and I'm adding things in that area all the time so keep the link handy.


Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics

https://artbyearthmothermosaics.com


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics