Monday, December 4, 2023

Purple Palace Art Studio - Time to Organize

Before I start a week long mosaic fest on a few gifts for my favorite people, I have to organize the glass, bits and pieces of dishes and tiles. Along with broken jewelry and other mixed media items I like to use. It all has to be within reach and somewhere I can find it easily.
 
When I spend time looking for what I need, the less time I'm at the table creating. Sometimes I keep things in the garage studio and spend a lot of time walking through it mumbling to myself. It's a bit more crowded in the Purple Palace, but if I know what I want to use, I can place it in the PPAS and not have to do more than stretch a bit. It's good to stretch.
 
Last week I shared a photo of the sorting I was doing on glass. It's almost all sorted now and back in the spot I like to keep it, in the Purple Palace art studio.
 

Beads, glass and mirror are in this little tower I've made. Next year shelves are going in here. That's the first on the "to do" list for 2024.

 

I'm, sorting the tiles and ceramic pieces now. The best "find" from this clean-up I'm doing so far is this little ceramic button in the photo above. I had it and quite a few other pieces made without button holes (years ago through beadfreaky on Etsy). This little disc has reminded me it's still here and ready for me to use. I'm thinking this might go on an empty wine bottle along with a broken blue denim mug. Creativity is blossoming!

With this clean-up comes some new glass from a favorite supplier mosaicsbymaria. There's my celestial colors right there. I have plans for these bad boys!

Meanwhile, I'm making wishes this holiday season for everyone to be safe, warm, fed, healthy and cared for and about.

It's also time for me to put out there what I'd like. It's real easy to shop for me. Broken plates and mugs, dark chocolate and red wine. What else?!

Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics


 

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics