Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

Last week I mentioned I'd be sharing Christmas gifts I've made for the next few weeks. The last 2 are on their way to their destination now. That means I can share them here when the time comes. I'm sharing them in the order I made them in.

The next one I made was this mandala.


Taking 3 different patterns (one of my own) and combining them, I created a really cool mandala. I wasn't sure how I'd get all the glass and circles on them. I knew this was a good start.





Adding ball chain and broken necklace pieces, stained glass, mirror, ceramic nano tiles and glass rod pieces, I started on the journey that was one of the most intense I've taken in quite some time.


Small pieces of glass and mirror required tweezers and a steady hand. This wasn't something I could zip through quickly.






I'll let the rest of this post speak for itself through photographs. What a wonderful journey this was.











The friends I gifted it with really love it. I am looking forward to making something like this again soon. Maybe on a glass plate, maybe like this one, on a board and framed. I have to say I loved the experience and felt I learned that although the original design was kind of lost, it didn't take away from the final results at all.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics