Monday, April 9, 2018

Mosaic Monday

Mosaic Art, Stained Glass and Hand Cut Dish Tiles, Sun, Moon and Stars, Celestial Design, Abstract Mosaic Art on Teak wood - 10 x 8 Inches

My Father gave me this old piece of teak wood he found in his shop a few years ago, asking if I could use it to make a mosaic with? Of course I could!! This is a solid piece of wood but has a few cracks on the back. To me, that gives it more character. By using the elements: sun, moon, stars I felt I honored what was once a large tree. I believe this piece comes from one of the branches. It is 10 x 8 inches. That's no tiny tree! In all it's glory, it must have been a beauty.




Stained glass, Van Gogh glass, silver mirror and dish tiles were all hand cut to fit. Polymer clay tile with the word "SUN" was attached. The stars around the crescent moon were pieces of jewelry once attached to a bracelet. Very small pieces of Millefiori were used to help create the sun. Lots of details in this one. Swirls around the moon and stars depicting clouds, a sun with rays of light surrounded by a nautical design in dish tiles.





Gift this to your favorite person, a special friend, or add it to the art collection you are creating in your home. Makes a great birthday present, would be appreciated as a retirement gift.

Comes with a stand.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!


Stay Peaceful and Let The Sun Shine In.