Wednesday, April 5, 2017

In The Studio - Wednesday

Busy at work this week and I love it!

I made one of my favorites, a lotus mandala for the final mosaic relating to the fund raiser. This is the one that has been generously donated back to me to list on Etsy and sell. It should be noted that the person who offered that to me also donated more money to the fund raiser around the same time.



I decided to use spring colors for this one. At first, I wasn't sure I liked it very much.


Using jewel tones was something I hadn't done in a long time. But as I filled in the petals, I knew it was the right choice.


Iridescent glass in pink was used and I put ball chain in the middle (not easy to see in this photo) as well as mirror in the center and within the petals.


Deep purple and more ball chain was added. As I was filling in the purple, I knew it was coming along nicely.


All filled in and ready for the grout pile!

I'm hoping to grout all 3 pieces I did for the fund raiser this coming weekend. Here are the other two:



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!


Stay peaceful.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics