Wednesday, December 4, 2013

In The Studio

Most of what is being worked on the studio this week is being done in the "Super Secret Mosaic Lab".

Shhhhhh ...
But the good news is as I've said before, I'm fairly sure very few of the people who are getting the gifts I'm making read my blog. That means I can share work-in-progress photos here. Yay!

The TARDIS is just about ready to be painted on the back and a little glue needs to get cleaned off the front. I'm happy with it.

TARDIS
Gluing the paper onto the mosaic worked perfectly. It's not easy to get a good photo of this one for some reason, but here it is below all grouted and hanging up.


I finished up the wine bottle for my grandson's Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop. It's almost ready for grout!




I think it's pretty cool. I would love to make more like this.

Yesterday I was in a little bit too much pain to do much work thanks to the cooler temps in our area and my 59 year old arthritic bones. I still worked on a "just because" mosaic to use up some nipped pieces of glass and mirror. I think this owl is very festive looking!


On the list next is making quick gifts for my grandson's teachers and his bus driver. Mosaic key chains are easy to make and he will help me make them, which is always fun for us both!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters this holiday season and all year long. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,