Wednesday, April 15, 2015

In The Studio - Part One

While the weather has been giving my physical body some challenges these days I am happy to say my creative muse and I are still getting along famously!

I would love to share what I've done so far on the 10 mosaics I'm gifting through Facebook but I'm afraid someone who is getting one will see this post. I really want them all to be a surprise, but I can at least give a sneak peek of the first one I did over the weekend.


Mosaics done on artist blocks, 4 x 4 inches, covering the flat surface and sides with awesome mosaic magic has been a lot of fun. I am keeping the designs on the flat surface fairly simple but they are looking fantastic so far. Grouting will be done once they are completely finished, doing 2 or 3 at a sitting until they are all finished. So far I've gotten 3 made. That leaves 7 more to go!

Once gifted and received, I'll definitely share them here as I often do, pre-grout and grouted. Keep an eye out for that!

Meanwhile I can share my doodle making which has been more or less daily. I noticed on Friday that my painted doodle showed the pain I was in so well. I didn't really see it as I was painting it, but once finished, it really is evident. You can see I hurt!

Can you see the pain I am feeling from this painting like I can?




Wouldn't one or all of these look great as a tote bag or tee shirt?? I'm going to try to get a better photo of the last one shown here and get it on Society6.


late night doodling

Finished!


The cat clock is grouted and looking good. Unfortunately the clock mechanism doesn't fit the slot cut in the back at all (the mechanism is too big) so I'll be doing some investing in different sizes to see if I can find a kit that fits. If I can't, I'll have to glue the hands in place and call it finished. Either way, I do love the flower power this cool cat is wearing with style.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy