Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

This week, I'm sharing a mosaic of a pup named Penny. Using a photo her Dad took I created a fun and playful pup in the snow.


The glass I used was gifted many years ago. Thick and probably for use in the kiln. It makes perfect fur, sandy beaches and wavy human hair when I use it.

The technique I used was drawing the design from the photo I printed using carbon paper just like the paper those of us who might needing a copy or multiples of something when we were typing on our good old manual typewriter and then eventually electric typewriters, before offices had copy machines to do it for you, between the drawing and the board.




At this point, I was ready to fill in the background, the snow.


The one thing that looks really neat for me is her under body shadow. It's subtle but it's kinda cool to see I accomplished it.


Penny is taped off and ready for brown grout.


The background was grouted in white and snow flakes here and there were added in millefiori and plastic blue flakes.

Of course, the peace sign in the corner is now my signature. I think she turned out pretty good and I've been assured her Dad think so too. Yay!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics