Wednesday, March 21, 2018

From The Studio - Wednesday

A few posts ago, I shared the process of taking small glass beads off of a broken vase. I have since sorted them all by color as best as I could and they're in their own baggies.

Some pieces wouldn't come off the glass. That's what is seen at the far left in this photo.
The pieces that are in the far left bag might get used in some way as they are. But I'm happy with the amount I have to play with and use in future mosaics! Well worth the time it took.

I got a photo tent kit this week and am learning how to use it. The lights are wonky and I considered sending them back but wanted to use the tent as soon as it came out of the box, so I found a creative way to still use the lights. They are supposed to sit on tripod legs and from the reviews and comments I read it seems it's either hit or miss with them. Some work, some don't. The good news is if sent back they'd be replaced, but I'm keeping these, I think. As crazy as it looks, placing them inside empty coffee cans gives me the same results as tripod legs!

The tent is upside down but I wanted to get a shot of the progress as I was putting it together.

While totally unconventional, it works!

I used the blue filter with this shot. Nice!!
Not crazy about the plastic sheets and their wrinkles but it is a good learning tool for me. I am figuring out what I like, what I need in the future and how to take better photos.

My favorite photo so far has got to be this one.

Heading to Etsy very soon!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay Peaceful and Let The Sun Shine In.