Friday, May 21, 2021

Fabulous Friday - Mosaic Abstract Panel



This mosaic is entitled "Fruit Medley". It is based on a photograph I took of plastic oranges and a pear in a basket. I used some funky editing on the photo and came up with some awesome colors making it abstract and very different. The last photo (on the Etsy website) shows where this mosaic started.

As usual, I like to use things that were headed to the dumpster and create art from them. Saving the landfill and making art is a fantastic feeling! This is made on a piece of Styrofoam (which cannot be recycled here in our area). I covered it with layers of plaster cast strips and thin set cement before putting a mosaic on it.


This looks great sitting on a shelf or on a table. I used iridescent glass and colored mirror around the fruit giving it a frame of sorts. It can be placed in a custom frame if desired.

Stand is included.

$65.00 USD - FREE SHIPPING (USA ONLY)

To see additional photos of this listing and/or to purchase, click on the link at the top of this post. To head on over to my Etsy shop to look around at many more items great for any occasion, click here. This will take you directly to my shop.

Enjoy!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics