Wednesday, October 8, 2014

In The Studio - Part 1

I'm working on the birdhouse and enjoying it so very much.

wall 2 - complete
I wasn't always a fan of using broken china or dish tiles as some call them. I often call them shards because of how they break when I would try to nip them. As I've been working mostly with stained glass, I thought it was time to "face my fear" as it were and work with dishes again.

wall 3 - ready for the background fill in
An interesting thing happened about the time I finished filling in the 2nd wall. I found myself starting to really enjoy what I was doing; truly enjoying the moments I could nip up old china and broken pottery and turn it into a design on a discarded wooden birdhouse salvaged by my cousin.

wall 3 - finished
This 3rd wall took 2 days to fill in. Partly due to using such small pieces but also because I slowed up the process so I could savor every moment. I was enjoying using broken china! Wow!!

wall 4
Once I've filled in the last wall, I've got the roof to tackle. I considering adding more mosaic to the bottom platform, underneath so that it's all completely covered, but I think I'll go back to my original plan to paint it and the chimney too.

Part 2 will show the results of this pretty birdhouse filled with moons and suns completed and ready for grout. Come back to see it finished next week!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy