Monday, May 20, 2013

Welcome to a new week filled with possible potential and exciting discoveries!!

I've been having fun with dot painting while my thumb is still healing. It should be in great shape by the time I've finished the 2nd plastic frame, 2 thin set covered wine bottles and an MDF peace sign. Once I've painted those, I'll get to work on a few mosaic projects such as the flowers for my bookcase and a custom ordered gazing ball I'll be working on next month. Yeah buddy!

I did a dot painting on one of the old plastic pink frames I've had for quite a few years on Saturday. It truly only took me a few hours to dot but it took many hours to prep.

First I scuffed it up so the black paint wouldn't bead off of the plastic. I did 2 layers of black paint on them because I wanted all signs of pink to disappear.

I watched Netflix, as usual, while I did this project from start to finish. I think that's why I can do them without too much trouble. I just mindlessly make dots while I'm watching something on the computer.

The results is a frame I really love. I had planned on using the glass inside these frames and adding a mosaic to each one, giving it a complete overhaul but I love it just as it is, for its intended purpose. It's probably going to be gifted to my daughter because I think she'll like the colors of it. Added bonus, she is the one who gave me the frames to begin with, so I think she'll get a kick out of seeing their reincarnation now.


Stay peaceful.

Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics