Wednesday, July 5, 2017

In The Studio - Wednesday

I've been working mornings before the heat of the day arrives in my room on this awesome mosaic. It was a coffee maker but is now going to be a candle holder. Oh the fun I'm having!!

One side, at this point when the photo was taken, is almost covered.

One side is covered. Time to get to work on the inside. This is where a self-contained candle will reside.

I'm adding mirror on the inside in a few varied colors to give reflective qualities when the candle is lit.
At the top on the inside, where the coffee used to drip through, I've put a circular mirror. This too will reflect the light from a candle.
I love recycling broken objects in this way. Isn't it cool so far?
Depending on how warm the next week will be will dictate how quickly I get this project completed. But it is so much fun to see it transforming from a dull, black broken machine into a useful piece of mosaic art. I am willing to watch it unfold slowly. I love what I do!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics