Wednesday, April 12, 2017

In The Studio - Wednesday

I've been slightly less active this week due to a cold bug going around in our home, but before I got hit with it, I managed to get the first of three mosaics grouted!

I mixed black and white grouts together and got a nice dark grey color for the beach themed palm tree.


I really love the way it looked almost immediately. That's always a good thing!


A few more cleanings and it will be ready to send next month!


The sides are tinted in a burnt sienna water wash mixture I made myself. I finished it off adding hanging hardware and signing it!

Until I feel better, I won't do the rest of what needs to be grouted. But hopefully I'll get to it soon enough!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay peaceful.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics