Friday, September 23, 2016

In The Studio - Friday

Happy weekend!

After working on the "Super Secret Mosaics Lab" gift, I decided to do a little grouting! I was surprised that my "to be grouted" pile is kind of overflowing. It's a good feeling, though, because that means I've been busy creating!


I grouted a small pendant and a wooden trivet first. Grout color is called "fawn". I love it.




After grouting this wooden trivet, I noticed some cracks in the side of the wood. It might have been something I did, but these pieces are about as old as I am (I'm now officially 62!) so chances are I just didn't notice the crack until now. If I list this, it will be reduced due to the crack. Oh well, my loss is a customer's gain!

I finally got that big old frying pan grouted because I had a little left over from what I did above. I love this thing but this sucker is HEAVY!



This might get listed soon. I'm still cleaning off the grout from the dish pieces. I used different thicknesses so some are almost hidden from the grout at the moment. But I do love this and really would love to work on more aluminum items. I'm going to have to take a trip to the local thrift store some how soon to see what I can find. I don't drive, so finding someone to not only take me but be excited to go with me is probably the biggest challenge.

Enjoy your weekend and remember to keep it creative!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics