Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Creative Business Journey

Another week has gone by without much work on my part toward the business side of things. There's a new Mercury Retrograde happening right now and goes until May 22nd. There's always the good parts about the retrograde that I love. We find ways to end the stuff that we don't like about our lives and in turn, new things that we DO love start to happen. Coinciding with Spring and our interpretation of new beginnings for the season itself, is all by design. That Universe! It knows what it's doing, for sure.

I have a lot of inspirational things around me and post them on Facebook, keep them on my computer in a folder I've named "The Universe Is Listening" to help keep me on track and remind me that I don't have to push or get impatient about anything at all.

Here are a few favorites:






These really do help me stay focused some days. This week I've got worksheets I can work on and one day I filled out only one question on a worksheet of 60 questions. It doesn't matter to me how long it takes. What matters is that I'm doing it at my own speed, in my own time.

Right now I've got a lot of reminders between the vision boards and these great quotes to let me know listening to my inner voice is always the right thing to do.

So for now, I'm doing very little except recharging internal batteries and allowing the Universe to catch up with me!

I am doing other things relating to business, for instance, opening a new online shop sharing my photography. It's a lot of work but worth it. And I am getting myself geared up to work on some new mosaics I'm going to eventually put up for sale.

Another thing I'm going to do, to get my mosaics out and seen for real, is do a craft fair in August. I haven't paid for the table, or even gotten a table yet, but I have help with driving, lifting, selling which was what was stopping me from doing them (besides the initial space rental). Nothing is final just yet but the point is, I'm willing to go and do this, even with my self-conscious thing about having no teeth at the moment. I have to work through it and move on. There is a good possibility that in a few years I will have new teeth. Heck, doing craft fairs might even help pay for them! So why not?! I need to get a tent, table, chairs. I'll figure it out and I'm excited to maybe show a whole new audience my mosaics. It is a start in getting local peeps to see what I do and meet me too.

I'll keep you posted on all of that as it unfolds. Meanwhile, share any of these great quotes or save them in your own folder on your favorite device. They do come in handy!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics