Friday, April 15, 2016

In The Studio - Friday

I hope you all enjoyed the posts this week. Sharing studio fun and dreams are what this blog is all about.

Just want to give a small plug for my EMM Monthly Newsletter. If you haven't signed up, please do. I'm giving a discount in May on custom orders for newsletter folks only. Stay tuned for the info coming at you on April 25th. Sign up to take advantage of the discounts throughout the year as a subscribed member. You can use the form at the right of this post to sign up. Share it with your friends too! Find the form over here --->

The studio has been a little busy. I'm hoping for a few custom orders to come through but meanwhile, I'm writing, reading and studying a few days a week for business. When I am ready for some "Zen" time, I work on a mosaic.

I think this plate is just about finished but I'm not yet sure. I might fill in around the glass half circles along the edge of the plate with some stained glass. It looks unfinished to me as it is now. I'm fairly sure I will fill it all in. I have to study it for a few days. In the photo below, it looks great just as it is but I will grout. Adding glass around the circles will make it easier for the grout to stay put. Not grouting around the circles is a consideration but not one I really want to do. I'll share photos whenever I figure out what I'm going to do with it. I always do.




I have to admit this mosaic doesn't look anything like I imagined it would. It does, however, look pretty cool, so obviously the muse once again was right!

Next up to mosaic are some MDF and wooden pieces I've had for a few years waiting for me to decide what to do. Both need priming again and some thought about designs. The design drawn on the sun will not be what I do on it.

Sun trivet on the left and leash holder on the right. Waiting for some magic.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics