Friday, December 18, 2015

In The Studio - Friday

Happy Friday! It's been an interesting week and I've enjoyed most of it. Sadly, when it rains, the Camera Goddess slumbers and this week, we've had a few gloomy days to boot. But I have managed to get a few photos of work-in-progress mosaics, all crosses to get listed next year.

The first one is 9 inches but the rest are between 4 and 5 inches. The second one is grouted and just needs a hanger attached. All the rest are in the grout pile, waiting for the magic to happen.









I put cement on my grandson's frame. The front part turned out pretty well but the back part ... not so much. I'll have to redo it and pray it dries within the next week. If it doesn't, I will rethink the way to hang it using only the front part of the frame. But I will figure it out! So there!!




I have to admit I do sort of like the texture of the whole thing. As if I could use it for an art piece just as it is. I put plastic around all the cement pieces and great markings appeared like before. However, it has been so damp due to weather, it crumbled off because it was too thick, I'm sure. I add more cement to it and try to get the same cool textures from the plastic. It's all a learning process and I'm having fun!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics