Friday, August 14, 2015

In The Studio - Part Two

And the week ends on a good but exhausted note. It's time to take a few days off and regroup before grouting, photographing and listing more small mosaic wall hangings.

It takes a while to grout, clean, paint, get hangers on them and then get decent photos (at least 3) for listings. I often think the prep work before a mosaic is created and after it's complete takes longer than the actual artwork. When I consider this, I make sure to charge for my time and 10 years worth of experience. If you create something and want to sell it, please keep these things in mind as well. It's important to let your customers know you value your time and talent as much as they should.

Mosaic Fiestaware Peace Sign - 10 inches
Mosaic Flower Wall Hanging - 4.5 inches

Each day, in between helping my Grandson with some school activities this summer, I've managed to create something. Doing small things has been a lot of fun and quite satisfying!

Little Dude working on a word search geared towards the 2nd grade






All of these range in size between 4-6 inches. And I think they are all headed towards the online store. It's been a productive week!

There are no new ones to share just yet. I've been working on what's been done already and what needs grouting. The pile is getting smaller, which is a very good thing! I think more grouting will happen over the weekend or I just might really take a few days off and get back to it next week. Meanwhile I never know when the muse will want to play. I will share what I have when I can!

The weather here is getting cooler in the evenings and there is a just a hint of fall in the air already. Physically this is not good news ... I love the heat for my bones and sciatica especially but emotionally, I do love the colors that come with the fall and in September Little Dude and I have birthday's. That's always exciting!! I truly hope I can get some close ups of fall since I missed spring and most of summer being stuck in my room and on the 2nd floor. If I can get myself down the steps and outside to visit the trees and get some photos I would be really happy!

Have a great weekend!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Cindy