Wednesday, June 24, 2015

In The Studio - Part One

It's been a rough week here so far for me physically. That usually means nothing much gets accomplished.

No grouting is getting done yet this week. I have 5 things to do plus the 10 small gifts yet to grout. This week is mostly about pain management.

There is good news on the horizon, however. I have worked on a Christmas in July Event or CIJ for my shop and customers. Those who signed up with the newsletter will know all about it by now as you all got the news before anyone else. Stay tuned because in a few weeks everyone will know all about it! Woo-hoo!

I made a mosaic for a family member and it's under wraps at the moment in the "Super Secret Mosaics Lab". Shhhhhh. I can't share it just yet but will as soon as I can.

I was recently approached by a high school friend and his wife about making a custom ordered peace sign for them. This is exciting!! You will see more info on that when the materials arrive and I get to work on it. Remember these can be ordered in 8, 10, 12 and 18 inches. Contact me for pricing and more information. Here's some of the last peace signs I did in 8 and 10 inches.


I'm getting better doodling and drawing things that can be adapted into mosaics. Check some of these out! The butterfly, for sure, is headed to the "to be a mosaic one day" pile.





I'd love to see some of these framed and then listed. That goal has been added to the list!

Meanwhile, the auction came and went for my Ink and Watercolor Pendants and not ONE pendant was bid on or sold. These things rarely work the way they do for others but I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe it was because I never had done it before, or kept it within the US due to shipping fees OR they just don't have the appeal like pendants used to. I always say I like my jewelry way more than anyone else!! The bidding started at $15 so maybe that was too high?? In any case, I'm going to list these for $25 each (all except the fern on on the bottom row - that's being held for a friend) on Storenvy soon! What do you think? Is $25 too low of a price or about right? Charging on time involved, amount of experience, I think it's exactly the right amount but my daughter says I should charge double that amount because of the talent involved. She could be right and if that's the case, I'll consider it for a few months. Meanwhile, consider these listed at half price!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy