Friday, January 9, 2015

In The Studio - Part Two

While waiting for supplies to arrive to start the custom ordered vase, I have been working on a gift for a family member who recently lost her furbaby.

Sammy, the dachshund, had a long life filled with love. She will definitely be missed.


This mosaic is being created on a 6 inch glass plate. Stained glass and ball chain are used. My hope is when placed in light, the outlines will be prominent giving it more depth.

I also enjoyed the first minor snowfall of the season here in PA for a few minutes, anyway. It's been too cold to really get out and walk but once the temps and wind calm down I will definitely head out with my camera and get some more winter photos.


I like to mosaic during the afternoon and early evening but once the sun goes down, it's more difficult for me to work on them. Luckily, I have a new set of Crayola markers! Each night while watching something fun on the computer, I doodle.

"Solar Flair"

Untitled Doodle #2
Maybe at some point when I get a little better at these, I can make some on card stock. That would be cool!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy