Wednesday, October 1, 2014

In The Studio - Part 1

It's not quite as busy this week as it has been. It's nice to go at a slower pace and enjoy what I'm working on without feeling rushed to get going on the next project right away.

I'm working on this 3 story birdhouse and enjoying it very much. Making mosaic suns and moons ALWAYS makes me happy. This house is going to be filled with them!


I still see a shocked or surprised owl when I see the sun on the front (windows are eyes, door is the shocked expression) but I'm hoping when the roof is completed and grout is applied, that imagine leaves me. It is a funny image! Can you see it?


Lots of Blue Willow is going on this mosaic. It's nice to use what I have the most of. I have been blessed with many folks remembering I like to use broken or chipped dishes in my art and many have given me their cracked and/or broken pieces. Some are tired of the set they have and offer them up to me. My friends throughout the US send me broken pottery. It's a wonderful thing!

I'm waiting for glue to dry on some new pendants I've made for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I should have used silicone adhesive to speed up the process a bit but I jumped the gun and grabbed the Weldbond (white glue that dries clear) instead.


These, once grouted in white when the glue is dry, will be available for sale through my Facebook Page for $30 a piece plus $5.95 shipping. 15% of each sale will go towards Breast Cancer Research. Message me any time to ask questions or reserve one for yourself.

Once they are grouted, I will share them here again.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy