Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a great week! I spent a lot of time this week introducing my blog and mosaics to new people who are part of the month long Ultimate Blog Challenge on Facebook. I think writing a post every day is something I'll only do during the challenge because I truly like having the weekends to concentrate on the creative process and the fam. Not in that order. And too, not much mosaic fun happens when I am at the computer and I miss it. I do a little something during the week but because I am living with my daughter and family, my schedule is dedicated to them first, always. There are days when I just blink in the general direction of the latest project and wish I had the time to play. Weekends are my favorite times to do that and I have to do it in order to have new and fresh things to share.

What this challenge is doing for me is getting my new format a more solid footing. Because I changed it to dedicate each day to something specific, it helps me keep track of what I want to post about. I even write a few posts ahead of time, which is good to do but not always helpful for my Featured Shop posts. I had most of them written the last time I did them and found many items I shared had sold or the person had taken all their items out of their shops. I'd spend time scrambling around trying to find new items to share or would skip ahead and do the next shop on the list. Talk about stress! Sheesh. This time around, I work on each post for a bit over the weekend and add to it during the week. If an item sold in the Featured Shop for that week, it is easier to replace. Whew.

And again I have to say, how thankful I am to have a new computer so that I can do all of these things! I'm feeling so very blessed and beyond grateful. A month or so ago, I wasn't sure I would be able to share anything at all when the old computer started going "belly up".

I have 2 "thank you" gifts to make and send out to the folks who wanted one when they donated to the computer cause. I'm kind of excited about getting them completed and sent out because I am so very thankful for their support. All of you deserve something but many said no need to send one, just know they wanted to help.

I also should thank gofundme.com for making it easy to set up a donation site and sharing it. I highly recommend using it should you need extra help with anything. Many use it for help with unexpected hospital bills or for the chance to gather funds together to head out on a new adventure. It's also used to help many people in need who have no where to turn. My site is still up even though I have the computer, I hadn't met the goal I set for it. I'm leaving it up until the beginning of next year. If anyone still wants to donate please know going forward the money will get saved and donated to a worthy cause I find on the site. And if anyone donates at the Reward Level, you will get a "thank you" gift from me no matter what. Awesome, right?!

I have a great support system with my online family and I love you all. I am sending many virtual hugs to you! Thank you. xoxo

***********************************************************************************************

Below are a few of the new items listed and renewed on Etsy. Have a look!

A new decorative pillow has been added with the holiday theme in mind.


Christmas Star Decorative Pillow Cover
There is also Blank Note Cards using this same Christmas Star design. Perfect for gift giving or using yourself for the upcoming holidays.

Also, a few folks like to give custom made items this time of year. My Mirror Gazing Ball and the groovy Crescent Moon that I have dubbed "Vincent's Moon" (inspired by Van Gogh) are most popular around this time of year. Keep in mind it takes 3-4 weeks to get these made up for you, so give yourself the time you need to order.

6 Inch Gazing Ball - Made to Order

Crescent Moon - 6 Inches - Made to Order
I've listed a brand new item in my shop this week. Drum roll, please!!! Tote Bags! Tah-Dahhhh. Here's one of my favorite photo prints shown as a tote. Don't you love it?!


Poplin Fabric Tote Bag - Available in 13, 16 and 18 inches
ACEOs (art card editions and originals) or ATCs (artist trading cards) are new for me. I've seen many and know many mosaic artists who make some magical mosaics using the ATC sized cards. It seems to be a challenge for me still but I'm just warming up with dots on a few of them and making them into Fridge Magnets. I definitely will be making some mosaic ones soon; these are so fun to make!


Fridge Magnet ATC - Castle - Dot Painting 2.5 x 3.5 Inches


 Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics