Friday, October 11, 2013

Picture Day

Today is picture day! Yay! It's the newest weekly post for Friday's but it literally IS picture day at my grandson's school. It will be his first official school photo. Awwww.


Practicing his smile. All showered and ready to go!
I went out for a walk yesterday in the gloomy rain and my mood was gloomy as well. I love the cooler temperatures but I like sunshine. I like rain too, honestly, but some days I just don't feel connected to the Universe if the sun doesn't shine.

The sun did come out for a brief hello, but I wasn't bothered by the cloudy darkness because I found that nature, once again, gave me a lot of inspiration. I found pine needles blanketing the earth, surrounded by sap covered pine cones. My inspiring tree in the courtyard of our apt complex shared a bit of sun even while it was raining. Green leaves were still green on my tree but on the other side of the courtyard I found one of my favorite spots, filled with moss and roots from a strong tree that has grown like steps over the years looking especially beautiful today surrounded by fallen leaves. And I found color. So much color. I'm grateful for this day. I'm blessed and humbled by what is around me. It's amazing. And there it was ... my connection to the Earth and the Universe.

















What do you think? Pretty awesome, right?

 Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics