Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wild Wednesday

Well, perhaps "wild" is a bit of an exaggeration but it has been a bit of a crazy day for me.

Be that as it may, I do have a few things to share but not much. I'm shocked that I have some "play time" available on the computer at all right now. I am making the most of it!

More collections have been made from my Etsy shop. LOVE the fact that as I'm gathering these together, they can also be used as featured items on the shop's page as well. Bonus!






All items can be purchased from my shop at Etsy. Woo-hoo! Notice there's note cards added now. It's pretty cool to see some of the fine art photography as note cards and pillows. I like it! You will be seeing more of both pillows and cards as the weeks continue. And of course new mosaics as they are made. Always and forever, there will be mosaics to share no matter how many times I change my shop's appearance - mosaics will be listed. :)


Yesterday was spent fixing what I took apart with this mosaic. I also added the small screw eyes you see in this photo. Once the mosaic is completed I am going to add charms and beads onto the screw eyes. They are so very small. You need to see this photo to realize how small they are.


It took me about 2 hours to get 20 screws into this box. Jewelry pliers and patience were needed. They are 8 mm as you might be able to tell from the photo, extremely small. I had thought I'd use these for the small MDF crosses I've made so far but they are way too small. They won't hold the heaviness of a mosaic. Using them here in this project seemed like a good idea.

I haven't yet started working on the mosaic today but I'll get to it soon. It's fun to take something that is no longer useful as it is and create something artistic with it. Recycling at its finest!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics