Friday, July 26, 2013

Buddha's Garden Mosaic Work-In-Progress

I don't have the best luck getting a good photo of this just yet, but I know once it's finished and sitting in the window the sun will give me some amazing photo ops!

Buddha's Garden - WIP
©EarthMotherMosaics - Cindy White
If you look at yesterday's blog post, you'll see I did quite a bit of work on this since then. I'm anxious to get back to it, which is a great feeling. I've been thinking about the grout color and have decided to cover it in white and then paint some areas with acrylics. I am a messy grouter and could never get the details in grout exactly as I'd like it. However, using one color and painting it is a great way to get the effects I'm looking for. I'm excited to see it completed!

I've been studying the stats from my Etsy shop and I'm thinking about taking the larger pieces of fine art off of the site. They get looked at once in a while, but mostly people like the smaller items to purchase. Although it isn't clear where I'll put them to sell online instead just yet, I'm looking around to see where I can sell the more serious art pieces and some of the larger not so serious pieces too.

This thinking came about after the CIJ Event when I noticed almost everyone loved and used in the treasuries the smaller items. After looking at what sells in my shop it is obvious most folks like the candle holders, small glass plates, peace signs, MDF shapes and so on. That's awesome and I'm always happy to have a sale so there is no complaining about any of it. I do think, though, that placing the larger wall art pieces including the larger mirror frames on another site perhaps dedicated to visual artists is the way to go and the next step in my ever evolving life.

I'm happy to have avenues to share my work online and believe with all my heart that if it weren't for so many sharing my items as they do in treasuries and favorites through Etsy, I wouldn't have as many sales as I do. I'm forever grateful for that! I don't think taking the larger pieces of art from Etsy will make any difference at all, which is why I'm going to do it.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I plan to work on the mosaic as often as I can. Updated photos will be shared on my Facebook page and here next week.

Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics