Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Zibbet Vintage Shop Opens Today

I'm pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the vintage shop: Gently Loved Treasures on zibbet.com this morning.

So far, I've put up 8 items. I have quite a few photos to edit and list. As the weeks progress, that shop will become fairly filled with treasures. It's not just geared toward vintage. It's also geared towards those who do mixed media art and mosaics. Stop by anytime and take a look as items continue to be added.


Good news on the "Back to Basics" mosaic. #4 in the series, this has been grouted and glued together and looks pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.


I haven't decided if I want to let this one go and list it just yet. But listing it doesn't guarantee a sale immediately which means listing it today just means at some point it might leave me, so chances are good that it will be on Etsy soon.

I sold a candle holder a few days ago that surprised me greatly. It is heading towards Switzerland! Wow!

Sold!
I also took a weird turn at continuing to grout the 3-D elephant, Luna Nuren. I hadn't really thought of this crazy thing for a while but had leftover grout and decided to add it to that. It is a lighter color, however, so chances are good I'll be grouting over it to appease myself. Also, someone took an interest in this piece of art on the same day! I'm not sure it's headed anywhere unless I can get that wonky ear to behave. It was nice to have a mutual family friend contact me on Facebook, asking me for photos of it because they know a person who collects elephants and they were interested in seeing it. It's nice to have such a wide network of people to share my art with. I'm so grateful for that!

Tail and a bit of hindquarters were recently grouted. Will possibly re-grout those areas for consistency and my peace-of-mind.
I have a few mosaic things to do now, which means the organizing of my living space has stopped for now. It is in a bit of chaos, really, so there will be days when I'm waiting for glue to dry or grout to cure where I may take the time to continue with cleaning and sorting. However, it's been a great deal of fun to see the small section of the crafts area come back to life a bit. I need to find a sturdy bar stool so I can sit at the crafts table instead of stand and I'll be able to work there again! Yeah buddy!!

I'm never sure where the muse will take me each day. Today I think she may lead me towards painting the bottle I started and grouting a little more of the elephant. One or the other may happen, or something entirely different. It's always wise not to get too attached to a plan!

 Stay peaceful.

Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics