Friday, May 31, 2013

Yesterday I shared a coffee lid I use to put paint on when I do my dot paintings and discovered a cool little piece of art by accident on it.


Last night I painted a little scene on it and here's what it looks like now.

To me, it looks like a black cat and his shadow (with his back to us), staring at the clouds. I have NO idea what to do with it now, but obviously I can't use it to hold globs of paint any longer. I think I'll attempt to poke a hole in the top and put a piece of ribbon through it to hang it up.

I've been doing a lot of prep work getting ready for the next wave of mosaics. There's not much to share yet but I did make a sale last night that made me extremely happy. All sales make me smile, for sure, but this one was especially rewarding. I love to work on discarded items, as you may know, like empty beer and wine bottles but I also like to put mosaics on discarded microwave plates. I sold one of those and am so pleased! Not just because I made a sale (yay!) but because not only did we save something from the landfill, I added my mosaic touch to it and someone will now enjoy it in a new way. No longer useful as it was, it still has purpose in its new life. This pleases me very much. I'm feeling so grateful this day, happy that others see the beauty as I do. It's a very humbling experience.


I have gotten a little further along on the dot painting. I believe I'm going to have to figure out names for my bottles; each one is unique and should have a unique name besides painted bottle #3. Since I wasn't sure I was going to make more than one when I first started out with these, now that I'm into the 6th one, I believe I can giving them names. Now I just have to figure out what they want to be called.


Have a wonderful weekend.
Stay peaceful.

Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics