Friday, May 24, 2013

Hooray! I've finished gluing the glass-on-glass mosaic, "Back to Basics - #4" yesterday. I am pleased with the black frame so I'll give that another coat of paint later today or tomorrow. The only thing left to do is grout and glue all the pieces into the frame. Woo-hoo!


I started dot painting on one of the bottles I've covered in thin set. I actually painted over my design on this one a few times. I've done that before; start in on a design and then it goes way off track and I have to start over. Thank goodness it's easy to paint over it - black paint covers it all!

What was tripping me up was looking at the waves in thin set on this one. The drips look similar to eyebrows or a hat and I kept wishing I could paint a face on this one. I'm not sure it would look like much if I had tried and I probably should have done it anyway to get it out of my system so I could move on to something else. Obviously I got over it and got a fairly nice design going. Since I start in the center and work out from it, it did take 3 or 4 tries before I got it right.


I've no plans once this is finished because I can't seem to make up my mind on what I want to work on next. I'll allow the muse to take me where ever she wants to go!

I'm taking a few days off from blogging and will be back on Tuesday. I want to focus on the vintage shop for a few days and get that ready to open.On Tuesday, I should have some progress photos of whatever it is I'm working on.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

 Stay peaceful.

Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics